Useful information for a trip to AlbufeiraUseful information about Albufeira at a glance - Travel information, contact telephone numbers, tourist information contacts, opening times & more! Enjoy Albufeira with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of useful information for Albufeira, in central Algarve, Portugal! See how to get to Albufeira from Faro Airport by bus, train or taxi and how much it costs, print off useful telephone numbers to take with you on holiday and see where the tourist information office is. You can also check out the opening hours for the supermarkets in Albufeira and see details about the tourist train.
Plan your journey from the Algarve’s international airport in Faro with our Albufeira travel information!
- Distance from Faro Airport to Albufeira: 40 km
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Train: 3,30€ (regional train) -the station is outside of the town, so you will either need a taxi or use the Giro Bus “Linha Laranja” to complete your journey.
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Bus: 4,65€
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Taxi to Páteo area: 44€ for a 4 seater Mon-Fri 6am-9pm (56€ outside this time and bank holidays); 55€ or 68€ for a 6 seater depending on time.
- Travel from Faro to Albufeira by Taxi to Oura area: 38€ / 49€ for a 4 seater and 48€ / 59€ for a 6 seater.
To get to Faro train or bus station (which are close to each other just before Faro marina) either get the bus from the airport (the stop is right outside the ‘arrivals’ doors) and will cost you around 1.95€, or get a taxi at a cost of around 10€. To check train timetables visit CP – Comboios de Portugal. (the site is available in English) and select ‘Regional and Inter Regional services’ to get the timetable for Lagos / Vila Real de Santo António / Lagos.
For bus timetables visit Eva Bus. Again most of it is available in English except the ‘frequency’ on the tables. (Days of the week: Monday is the 2nd day of the week – ‘2as’-and Friday is the 6th day. ‘Sábado’ and ‘Domingo’ – Saturday and Sunday; ‘Feriados’ is holidays; ‘Diariamente’ is daily,). Bus times from the ‘aeroporto’ to Faro are also listed.
For additional bus timetables visit Frotazul Algarve which covers a limited area of the Algarve.
*We quote Comboios de Portugal (regional) and Eva Transports pricing and prices of the standard taxi firms that work at Faro Airport. Please note that prices may vary.
Book Algarve car hire to travel to Albufeira!
If you want to book Algarve car hire to travel to Albufeira then it couldn’t be easier!
Simply collect your car from Faro Airport and it’s just a 40km to drive to Albufeira, either down the A22 motorway (a toll road) or down the secondary N125 road.
Uncovered! Get the best deal on your Algarve car rental & compare rates with leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty, Guerin and Goldcar!
Albufeira has a network of local ‘Giro’ buses that make it very easy to get around and to travel cheaply. The routes start and finish at the Bus Terminal at Caliços (just under 2kms from the town centre):
- Linha Verde (Green line) and Linha Azul (Blue Line) which both cover the town centre, the market at Caliços Areis de S. João (home to the liveliest part of Albufeira known as ‘the strip’), Oura , Montechoro and Santa Eulália.
- Linha Vermelha (Red line) covers the western side, including the campsite, Albufeira marina and also the market at Caliços
- Linha Vermelha 2 (Red Line 2) covers the western side, including the campsite, the market at Caliços, and also extends eastwards to Areis de S. João.
- Linha Laranja (Orange Line) calls at the railway station at Ferreiras but is not yet included on the Giro route map
- The cost is around 1.40€ per journey or there is a daily ticket for 4€ with unlimited travel on any of the lines.
- The buses run from 07.00 to 20.00 (October to May) and from 07.00 to 22.00 (June to September)
Useful Telephone Numbers for Albufeira
Emergency Numbers: Dial 112 for Police, Ambulance and Fire from any phone (free)
- GNR (Police)
Vale Pedras: Tel. 289 590 790
Av. 25 de Abril: Tel. 289 583 310
- Faro District Hospital: Tel. 289 803 411
Hospital Distrital de Portimão: Tel. 282 450 300
- Bombeiros (Firefighters): Tel. 289 586 333
- Health centres
Albufeira: Tel. 289 598 400 (289 588 770 for emergencies)
Ferreiras: Tel. 289 571 732
Guia: Tel. 289 561 662
Olhos d ‘ Água: Tel. 289 501 946
Paderne: Tel. 289 368 853
Farmácia Algarve (Paderne): Tel 289 367 139
Farmácia Alves de Sousa: Tel 289 512 258
Farmácia Godinho Belo: Tel 289 542 926
Farmácia Santos Pinto :Tel 289 512 901
Farmácia Marques da Silva: Tel 289 571 130
Farmácia Neves Silva (Guia) : Tel 289 561 443
Farmácia Olhos d’Água :Tel 289 502 401
Farmácia Piedade : Tel 289 512 254
- Red Cross in Faro: Tel. 289 899 900
- Taxi (Rádio Taxis): Tel. 289 583 230
- Police support for tourists Albufeira: Tel 289 513 203
- Tourist support services: Tel 808 781 212
Note: Just remember, if you are calling from a foreign mobile phone in the Algarve, Portugal, you will need to dial 00351 in front of the numbers here.
Albufeira Tourist Information Offices
Posto de Turismo de Albufeira
Rua 5 de Outubro,
Tel: 351 289 585 279
This is in the town centre by the tunnel to the beach
Posto de Turismo de Albufeira
On the EN395 at the entrance to Albufeira
Mass times in Albufeira
Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição, Tv. da Igreja Matriz
Saturdays at 18.00 and 22.00 (summer); 18.00 (Winter)
Sundays 10.00 and 19.00 (summer); 11.00 (Winter)
Capela de N.Sra da Orada (by the marina)
Saturdays at 9.00 on 1st Saturday of the month
Albufeira Tourist Train
The tourist train (‘comboio turístico’) is a great way to travel around a town and helps visitors to get a feel for an area, which can be really useful on arrival, as well as providing cheap travel throughout a holiday.
Albufeira tourist train information:
- Stops at ‘the strip’ in Areias de São João, Fishermen’s beach (Albufeira ‘old town’) and the Town Hall near Modelo shopping centre.
- You can see the route on the Turistrem website
- Departs every 20 minutes from 09.00 to 23.00 all year. Runs until 01.00 from June to end September and at Easter and Carnival.At New Year and August 20th holiday it runs until 4am.
- The price is around 2.00€ one way or 3.50€ for an all day ticket (1.50€ for 6 to 11 year olds and under 5’s go free).
Please note: Some tourist train organisations may reserve the right to cancel tours without prior notice, due to the maintenance of the vehicles, weather conditions or insufficient number of passengers.
- Pingo Doce – Urb. Bela Vista. Opening hours daily: winter: 8:30 to 21:00; summer: 8:00 to 21:00 and in July and August: 8:00 to 22:00
- Continente – ‘Algarve Shopping Centre’. Monday to Thursday: 9.00 to 23.00; Friday and Saturday: 9.00 to 24.00; Sundays and holidays: 9.00h to 13.00h.
- Modelo – Cerro Alagoa, Vale Mangude. Opening hours Monday to Saturday: 9.00 to 22.00, Sundays and holidays: 9.00 to 13.00.
- Pingo Doce – Urbanização da Quinta da Correeira. Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays) : 9.00 to 21.00; Summer: 8.30 to 22.00.
- Lidl – Caliços. Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 8.00h to 22.00
- Aldi – Quinta de Valverde E.N. 125, Guia. Open daily 09..00 to 21.00
- Pingo Doce – EN125, Guia (retail park next to Algarve Shopping). Open daily from 09.00 to 22.00
- SPAR – Rua Dunfermline, Edf. Poente da Aldeia, Bloco B, Areias de São João
- Apolónia Supermarket – Sitio Vale do Rabelho, Galé, Guia. Open 08.00 to 20.00 (October to May) and to 21.00 in the summer