Events in CarvoeiroFind out what's going on in Carvoeiro while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Carvoeiro with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about Carvoeiro Events! See when and where the markets are in and around Carvoeiro, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing. You can also enjoy lots of really good events in the town of Lagoa, which is only a short drive from Carvoeiro!
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual events in the Carvoeiro area
- June – a week of Portuguese gastronomy at the Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and Exhibitions) park in Lagoa. Also arts and crafts exhibits and fun for all the family.
- June – International Algarve Fair – everything for your home, garden and lifestyle. Children’s entertainment, live music, fashion shows, food arena……
- July – Festival do Caracol (Snail festival) -a gastronomy festival in Porches
- August – FATACIL fair of Crafts, Tourism, Agriculture, Commerce and Industry. Trade exhibitors and also lots of entertainment and fun for all the family. Live music, food…….
- August – Festa da Nossa Senhora da Encarnação in Carvoeiro on the last Sunday in August
- 8th September – Festa da Nossa Senhora da Luz – the patron saint of Lagoa- celebrations for the whole of the municipality of Lagoa.
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday (Loulé) – Ascension day (40th day after Easter Sunday): May 30th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
Markets in the Carvoeiro area
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) in front of the Fatacil.
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of each month, at the Fatacil
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições (Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of each month (except in August) from 08.00h to 13.00h.
For more Carvoeiro and Algarve events information check out
- Freguesia de Carvoeiro on Facebook
- Carvoeiro’s municipality Lagoa Municipal Facebook page
- 365 Algarve “Every day counts” cultural programme
- You can also contact any Algarve tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- For music, bar entertainment and cultural events in the Algarve also take a look at Cultugarve.