Useful information for a trip to CarvoeiroUseful information about Carvoeiro at a glance - Travel information, contact telephone numbers, tourist information contacts, opening times & more! Enjoy Carvoeiro with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of useful information for your holiday in Carvoeiro, in western Algarve, Portugal! See how to get to Carvoeiro from Faro Airport by transfer, bus or taxi and how much it costs, print off useful telephone numbers to take with you on holiday and see where the tourist information office is. You can also check out the opening hours for the supermarkets in Carvoeiro and see the timetable for the tourist train.
Vilamoura Travel: Faro to Carvoeiro
Plan your journey from the Algarve’s international airport in Faro with our Carvoeiro travel information!
- Distance from Faro to Carvoeiro: 60 km
- Travel from Faro to Carvoeiro by Train: No direct train to Carvoeiro; train to Portimão (5,95€) and then get a bus to Carvoeiro (3,25€).
- Travel from Faro to Carvoeiro by Bus: Need to get the bus to Lagoa (5,45€ ) then change bus to go to Carvoeiro (2.20€).
- Travel from Faro to Carvoeiro by Taxi: 63€ / 80€ for a 4 or 6 seater Mon-Fri 6am-9pm (78€ / 97€ outside this time and bank holidays).
To get to Faro train or bus station (which are close to each other just before Faro marina) either get the bus from the airport (the stop is right outside the ‘arrivals’ doors) and will cost you around 1.95€, or get a taxi at a cost of around 10€. To check train timetables visit the C.P website CP – Comboios de Portugal. (the site is available in English) and select ‘Regional and Inter Regional services’ to get the timetable for Lagos/Vila Real de Santo António/Lagos.
For bus timetables visit Eva Bus. Again most of it is available in English except the ‘frequency’ on the tables. (Days of the week: Monday is the 2nd day of the week – ‘2as’-and Friday is the 6th day. ‘Sábado’ and ‘Domingo’ – Saturday and Sunday; ‘Feriados’ is holidays; ‘Diariamente’ is daily,). Bus times from the ‘aeroporto’ to Faro are also listed .
For additional bus timetables visit Frotazul Algarve which covers a limited area of the Algarve.
*We quote Comboios de Portugal (regional) and Eva Transports pricing and prices of the standard taxi firms that work at Faro Airport. Please note that prices may vary.
Book Algarve car hire to travel to Carvoeiro!
If you want to book Algarve car hire to travel to Carvoeiro then it couldn’t be easier! Simply collect your car from Faro Airport and enjoy a straightforward drive through central Algarve to Carvoeiro, either down the A22 motorway (a toll road) or down the secondary N125 road.
Uncovered! Get the best deal on your Algarve car rental & compare rates with leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty, Guerin and Goldcar!
Church Services in Carvoeiro
Capela da Nossa Senhora da Encarnação (on the cliff tops to the east of the town beach) is open for Mass on Sundays at 09.00 and 10.30
Useful Telephone Numbers for Carvoeiro
Emergency Numbers: Dial 112 for Police, Ambulance and Fire from any phone (free)
- Local police(GNR): Tel. 282 356 460
- Health Centre:Tel. 282 357 320
- Health Centre (Lagoa): Tel. 282 340 370
- Hospital: Portimão: Tel. 282 450 300
- Red Cross in Faro:Tel. 289 899 900
- Bombeiros (Lagoa): Tel. 282 352 393
- Tourist support services: Tel. 808 781 212
Note: Just remember, if you are calling from a foreign mobile phone in the Algarve, Portugal, you will need to dial 00351 in front of the numbers here.
Carvoeiro Tourist Train
The tourist train (‘comboio turístico’) is a great way to travel around a town and to get a feel for the area, which can be really useful on arrival, as well as providing cheap travel throughout your holiday.
Carvoeiro tourist train information:
♦ Departs every hour on non-stop sightseeing tours
♦ Runs daily from 10.00am to 10.00pm (midnight at high season); except Tuesdays and Fridays between 11.00am and 3.00pm.
♦ The price is around €3
♦ On Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, the Carvoeiro tourist train takes visitors over to Ferragudo for a tour of the village, leaving time to explore too. The train departs from Carvoeiro (near the tourist information office) at 11.00am and returns at 2.00pm. Adult tickets are around €10 and children’s tickets around €8. To book a seat on the tourist train to Ferragudo, book with the driver of the train.
Please note: Some tourist train organisations may reserve the right to cancel tours without prior notice, due to the maintenance of the vehicles, weather conditions or insufficient number of passengers.
- Modelo: Sitio da Bemposta, Lagoa. Opening hours: Monday to Saturday: 8.30h to 22.00h; Sundays and holidays: 8.30h to 13.00h.
- Pingo Doce: Lugar Bemparece, Estrada Carvoeiro, Lagoa – Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 9.00h to 21.00h; Summer: 8.30h to 22.00h.
- Intermarché: Poço Partido, Carvoeiro (on the main road from Lagoa to Carvoeiro): Opening hours until 21.00 daily in the summer and November / December. Rest of the year it closes at 13.00 on Sundays and holidays.
- SPAR – C.C. Algarvesol – Loja 12, Vale Centeanes, Carvoeiro