Events in FaroFind out what's going on in Faro while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Faro with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about events in Faro, capital of the Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Faro, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Faro
- April 25th (Liberation day) -celebrations start on the night of the 24th with music and festivities and carry on for the 25th
- July / August – Festa da Ria Formosa in the & Largo da Sé, a festival celebrating the gastronomy of the Ria Formosa takes place at the end of July/ beginning of August.
- August – FolkFaro – an International folclore festival when, for 5 days in August, there will be all sorts of entertainment around the streets of Faro.
- August (last 2 weeks) – Feira dos Doces, Frutos Secos e Bebidas Regionais – a fair of sweets, dried fruits and regional drinks.
- September (first 2 weeks) – Festas do Concelho / Comemorações do Dia da Cidade to commemorate 7th September when Faro was elevated to city status – sports events, concerts and exhibitions.
- October (last 2 weeks) -Feira de Santa Iria in Largo de S. Francisco – exhibitions, craft work and entertainment for all the family.
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday: September 7th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
Markets in the Faro area
- Market in Estói: 2nd Sunday of each month
- TrocAqui – Exchange market on 1st Sunday of each month from 10am to 1pm at the Municipal Market, Faro
- Fair of Producers, Crafts and Collectables 2nd Sunday of the month from 10am to 16.00 next to the Municipal Theatre, Faro
- Faro Craft Fair – 2nd Saturday of each month from 10.00 to 17.00 in Jardim Manuel Bivar
- Antiques and collectables Fair – 3rd Saturday of each month from 10.00 to 17.00 in Largo Dr.Francisco Sá Carneiro.
- Organic Market – Last Saturday of the month from 15.00 to 18.00 in Jardim da Alameda
- Montenegro Craft Fair 1st Sunday 10.00 to 14.00 on R. Júlio Dinis in front of the Junta de Freguesia
- Flea market in Almancil: 2nd and 5th Sunday of the month – next to C+S School
- Flea market in Fuzeta: 1st Sunday of the month – next to the Campsite
- Flea market in Quelfes: 4th and 5th Sunday of the month – in front of school EB1
- Market in Almancil: 1st and 4th Sunday of the month – next to C+S School
- Market in Loulé: every Saturday morning – at the end of R. da Nossa Senhora da Piedade in front of Convento de St. António
- Market in Quarteira: every Wednesday at Fonte Santa, from 9am to 2.30pm
- Market in Fuzeta: 1st Thursday of the month – next to the campsite.
- Market in Moncarapacho: 1st Sunday of the month – next to Rua das Olarias
- Market in Quelfes: 4th and 5th Sunday of the month – in front of school EB 1