Events in LagosFind out what's going on in Lagos while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Lagos with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about events in Lagos in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Lagos, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Lagos
- New Years Eve – There’s always an excellent fireworks display along the river front near the marina at midnight. Everyone goes to watch and lots or people take their bottle of bubbly to celebrate the New Year!
- April 25th is ‘Liberation Day’, celebrating the ‘Carnation revolution’ and Lagos normally wakes up to the sound of cannons and ends the day with another great fireworks display.
- Banho 29 takes place on the 29th August – celebrating an old tradition when villagers came down from the hills to celebrate summer and spent the night on the beach enjoying picnics and a dip in the sea! The traditional dip tends to take place at Batata beach and finishes with fireworks at midnight. Meia Praia is the beach where large crowds gather and the party continues until dawn!
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday: October 27th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
Markets in Lagos and surrounding areas
- Weekly Saturday market in Lagos, next to the bus station. For fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, figs, olives and more!
- Monthly market in Lagos: 1st Saturday of each month on the ground next to the Municipal Stadium. The market normally start early in the morning and packs up during the afternoon. Great for clothes, shoes, accessories, household goods and lots of other things!
- Market in Odiáxere: 4th Monday of each month in Largo do Moinho
- Flea market in Barão de S. João: 4th Sunday of each month at the Polidesportivo
- Flea market in Chinicato: 2nd Sunday of each month
For more Lagos and Algarve events information check out:
- The Lagos Municipal Facebook Events and Lagos Municipal website for the latest on what’s going on!
- 365 Algarve “Every day counts” cultural programme
- You can also contact any Algarve tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- For music, bar entertainment and more cultural events in the Algarve also take a look at Cultugarve.