Events in OlhaoFind out what's going on in Olhao while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Olhao with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about events in Olhão in eastern Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets in and around Olhão, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Olhão
- Olhão Seafood Festival takes place in August (about the 2nd week). It’s one of the biggest gastronomy festivals in the Algarve with lots of delicious seafood cooked to perfection to tantalise the taste-buds! There is plenty to entertain with live music every night.
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday (Loulé) – Ascension day (40th day after Easter Sunday): May 30th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
Not-To-Be-Missed – Organic Market in Olhão!
The Olhão Organic Market, “Mercado Biológico” is held every Wednesday from 11am to 3pm at Avenida da República 14, 8700-310.
As well as wonderful local produce and selected crafts, there will be entertainment and live music between 1pm and 2pm!
Markets in Olhão and surrounding area
- Market in Fuzeta: 1st Thursday of each month next to the campsite
- Market in Moncarapacho: 1st Sunday of each month next to Rua das Olarias
- Market in Quelfes: 4th and 5th Sunday of the month in front of the school EB1 from 08.00 to 13.00h
- Flea market in Fuzeta: 2nd Sunday of the month, next to the campsite
- Daily fresh fish and fruit and vegetable markets in Olhão every morning except Sunday.
For more Olhao and Algarve events information check out
- The Olhão Municipal Facebook page for the latest on what’s going on in Olhão!
- 365 Algarve “Every day counts” cultural programme
- You can also contact any Algarve tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- For music, bar entertainment and more cultural events in the Algarve also take a look at Cultugarve.