Useful information for a trip to OlhaoUseful information about Olhao at a glance - Travel information, contact telephone numbers, tourist information contacts, opening times & more! Enjoy Olhao with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you find lots of useful information about Olhão in eastern Algarve, Portugal. Plan your route from Faro to Olhão, with the distance from Faro Airport to Olhão and how much it will cost you to go by train, bus or taxi. Print off useful telephone numbers for Olhão to take with you, see where the Olhão tourist information office is, see where Olhão supermarketsare and what time they open and what shops you will find at Ria Shopping!
Vilamoura Travel: Faro to Olhão
Plan your journey from the Algarve’s international airport in Faro with our Olhão travel information!
- Distance from Faro Airport to Olhão: 15 km
- Travel from Faro to Olhão by Train: 1.40€ (regional train)
- Travel from Faro to Olhão by Bus: 3.25€
- Transfer from Faro to Olhão by Taxi: 18€ / 22€ for a 4 or 6 seater Mon-Fri 6am-9pm (22€ / 27€ outside this time and bank holidays).
To get to Faro train or bus station (which are close to each other just before Faro marina) either get the bus from the airport (the stop is right outside the ‘arrivals’ doors) and will cost you around 1.75€, or get a taxi at a cost of around 10€. To check train timetables visit CP – Comboios de Portugal (the site is available in English) and select ‘Regional and Inter Regional services’ to get the timetable for Lagos/Vila Real de Santo António/Lagos.
For bus timetables visit Eva Bus. Again most of it is available in English except the ‘frequency’ on the tables. (Days of the week: Monday is the 2nd day of the week – ‘2as’-and Friday is the 6th day. ‘Sábado’ and ‘Domingo’ – Saturday and Sunday; ‘Feriados’ is holidays; ‘Diariamente’ is daily,). Bus times from the ‘aeroporto’ to Faro are also listed .
For additional bus timetables visit Frotazul Algarve which covers a limited area of the Algarve.
*We quote Comboios de Portugal (regional) and Eva Transports pricing and prices of the standard taxi firms that work at Faro Airport. Please note that prices may vary.
Book Algarve car hire to travel to Olhão!
If you want to book Algarve car hire to travel to Olhão then it couldn’t be easier! Simply collect your car from Faro Airport and it’s less than a 10km drive to Olhão, either down the A22 motorway (a toll road) or down the secondary N125 road.
Uncovered! Get the best deal on your Algarve car rental & compare rates with leading suppliers such as Hertz, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Thrifty, Guerin and Goldcar!
Useful Telephone Numbers for Olhão
Emergency Numbers: Dial 112 for Police, Ambulance and Fire from any phone (free)
- Olhão GNR ( Police) Tel: 289 703 089
- Olhão PSP (Police): Tel: 289 710 770
- Olhão Bombeiros (Firefighters) Tel: 289 710 000
- Hospital de Olhão Tel: 289 702 055
- Faro Hospital Tel: 289 891 100
- Health Centre Tel: 289 700 260
- Cruz Vermelha Portuguesa (Red Cross) in Faro Tel: 289 899 900
- Olhão Taxis – ‘Praça de Taxis’ Tel: 289 702 725 / 289 702 300
- Olhão Pharmacies:
Pacheco, Rua Capitão João Carlos Medonça 24, 8700-375 Olhão. Tel: 289 702 225
Progresso, Rua Almirante Reis 26, 8700-364 Olhão. Tel: 289 703 131
Olhanense, Rua 18 de Junho 143, 8700-421 Olhão Tel: 289 703 114
Brito, Avenida da República 38, r/c, 8700-310 Olhão. Tel: 289 703 059
- Algarve Tourist Support Services Tel: 808 781 212
Note: Just remember, if you are calling from a foreign mobile phone in the Algarve, Portugal, you will need to dial 00351 in front of the numbers here.
- Pingo Doce – R. Manuel Tomé Viegas Vaz. Opening hours daily – winter: 8.30h to 20.30h; summer: 8.00h to 21.00h.
- Modelo – EN 125, Sitio do Belmonte. Opening hours daily : 9.00h to 22.00h (including Sundays and holidays).
- Pingo Doce – E.N. 125, Urbanização Patinha, Lote 1, Peares, Quelfes,Olhão
Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 9.00h to 21.00h; Summer: 8.30h to 22.00h.
- Lidl – Opening hours daily (including Sundays and holidays): 9.00h to 21.00h
- Intermarché – Lote 2, Quelfes, Olhão. Opening hours until 21.00 daily through the summer and November / December. Closes at 13.00 on Sundays and holidays the rest of the year.
- Aldi – E.N. 125, Horta João Ramos- Peares. Open daily 09.00 to 21.00
- Pão de Açucar in the Ria Shopping Mall is open from 09.00 to 23.00 from Monday to Saturday but closes at 13.00 on Sundays and holidays.
- SPAR – Rua Dr João Mendonça Cortês, Lote B
Ria Shopping Centre in Olhão
Ria Shopping in Olhão has plenty of free parking with 3 floors of shops and restaurants, a cinema, supermarket and children’s play area. It’s easy to get to (always a bonus!) – just follow the EN125 through the town and it is on the left if you are coming from the Faro side of town. There are lifts and escalators making access simple for everyone.
Opening hours of Ria Shopping
The shops are open 7 days a week from 10.00 to 23.00 except for July and August when they stay open until midnight – so no shortage of time to check out the shops! The supermarket (Pão de Açucar) is open from 09.00 to 23.00 every day and in July and August stays open until midnight.
Ground floor shops
MultiÓpticas (opticians), Mediapoint (papelaria), Lourdete (perfumes), Kodak Express, Page One (fashion), Carlos Santos (Hair products), Mister Mint (key cutting), BOX (electrical appliances), Pão de Açucar, TMN (phones), Vodafone, Retoucherie de Manuela (clothes alterations etc.)
Sport Zone, Loop (footwear), Bottega Verde (Natural Beauty), Vila Velha (home decor), Sun Planet (sunglasses), Worten mobile, Jezequel (men’s fashion), Nastra (women’s fashion), Ao Luar (fashion), Lune Bleu (accessories), Zippy Kidstore, Book it!, Lanidor Loft (fashion), Chá de Cores, Nakua (fashion), Forceva (shoes), Sapatalia (shoes), HTL (fashion).
Food Hall and Cinema
The top floor of Ria Shopping is devoted to the food hall, cinema (Algarcine) and a children’s play area. There are plenty of choices for food including Fukukuchi (Japonese), Happy House (Chinese), Mama Ines (Cuban and Traditional portuguese), O Gosto (International), Al Sultao (Egyptian), A Sopinha (Soups, Quiches, salads etc) Dom Franguito (Barbecued chicken), Porco na Brasa (grilled pork dishes), Burger Ranch, Cantinho do Pao (sandwich bar), Toasties Kiosk, Planet Ria (Ice-creams and tarts), and 3 cafes!
The current programme for the cinema (which shows the latest films in english) can be seen on the Ria Shopping website