Events in PortimaoFind out what's going on in Portimao while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Portimao with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about events in Portimão in western Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Portimão, what great annual events take place and When the bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
The river estuary in Portimão is often the scene for various water sport competitions, such as power boat racing and windsurfing, and the river front is host to a series of events throughout the year, such as the Lisbon-Dakaar rally pitstop, Mamamaratona charity event and New Year celebrations. Plus the all important Internacional Autódromo do Algarve race track in Portimão has a fantastic programme of motor sports events throughtout the year (and the ocassional big music event too)!
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Portimão
- Portimão Sardine Festival takes place in August (around the 2nd week) and is a hugely popular affair with live music every night and fireworks, apart from the sardines!
- New Years Eve is always a big celebration in Portimão with live bands and dancing on the river front, stalls for drinks and food and a fantastic fireworks display at midnight to herald the New Year.
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday: December 11th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
- Market in Portimao: 1st Monday of each month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições de Portimão (except August and November)
- Flea market in Portimão: 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições – 08.00 to 12.30
- Flea market in Estombar: last Saturday of the month at the Parque de Feiras e Exposições(Fairs and exhibitions park)
- Flea market in Lagoa: 4th Sunday of the month in the grounds of the Fatacil
- Flea market in Ferragudo: 2nd Sunday of the month – 08.00 to 13.00 (except August)
- Market in Lagoa: 2nd Sunday of the month in front of the Fatacil. (except August)
- Market in Lagos: 1st Saturday of the month on the ground by the Estádio Municipal (Municipal stadium)
For more Portimao and Algarve events information check out
- Portimão Municipality Facebook page and the monthly events on the Viva Portimão website!
- 365 Algarve “Every day counts” cultural programme
- You can also contact any Algarve tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- For music, bar entertainment and cultural events in the Algarve also take a look at Cultugarve.