Events in VilamouraFind out what's going on in Vilamoura while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Vilamoura with AlgarveUncovered.com
Here you will find lots of information about events in Vilamoura in central Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Vilamoura, what great annual events take place and When the Algarve bank holidays are so you don’t miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Vilamoura
- Carnival (Quarteira): February / March (depending when Shrove Tuesday is)
- Vilamoura Carnival Sailing week: February
- Fisherman’s Festival (Quarteira): Weekend closest to 31st May
- Marchas dos Santos Populares (Popular Saints Festivities), Quarteira: June/July
- Sardine Festival (Quarteira): 1st fortnight of August
- Portugal Masters Golf Tournament: September
- Festival in honour of Our Lady of Conception: 8th December
- New Year’s Eve (Quarteira): Fireworks and live music on the waterfront
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- Municipal holiday (Loulé) – Ascension day (40th day after Easter Sunday): May 30th
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
Markets in the Vilamoura area
- Market in Quarteira: every Wednesday at Fonte Santa, from 9am to 2.30pm
- Market in Boliqueime: last Thursday of each month in the Church square
- Market in Loulé: every Saturday morning, at the end of R. da Nossa Senhora da Piedade in front of Convento de St. António
- Market in Benafim: 1st Saturday of the month on Rua 25 de Abril
- Market in Azinhal: last Saturday of the month next to the Primary School
- Market in Ameixial: 1st Thursday of the month on the EN2
- Market in Alte: 3rd Thursday of the month in Largo José Cavaco Vieira
- Market in Cortelha: 2nd Saturday of the month
- Market in Almancil: 1st and 4th Sunday of the month next to School C+S
- Flea market in Almancil: 2nd and 3rd Sunday of the month next to School C+S