Events in AlbufeiraFind out what's going on in Albufeira while you're here. Markets, fairs, festivals, concerts, parties, sports and much more! Uncover events in Albufeira with AlgarveUncovered.com
There are Albufeira events throughout the year, with fairs and festivals, regular markets and the ultimate summer events programme from June to September when Albufeira organises lots of entertainment throughout the town with pop groups, bands, dance and theatre groups. Albufeira has a Jazz Festival in September and food festivals like the Chicken Festival in Guia and the Sardine Festival in Olhos d’Água which are both in August. Oh – and lets not forget about the massive celebrations at New Year, Albufeira organises the biggest New Year party in the Algarve!
So read on for lots of information about the great events in Albufeira! Find out what annual events take place, when the Algarve bank holidays are (so you don’t miss out on something or on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing) and when and where the Albufeira markets take place.
ALGARVE EVENTS JULY 2019
Here are just some of the highlights from the Visit Algarve July 2019 events programme!
Lagoa - Culture Market at Candle Light - 04 July To 07 July 2019
The 6th edition of Culture Marke at Candlelight will take place between the 4th and the 7th of July.
The theme will be ‘Mediterranean Cultures’ in various fields such as music, dance gastronomy, handicrafts and exhibitions. Every day, thousands of candles are lit forming shapes inspired by 40 Mediterranean- related symbols for a visually impacting show.
Albufeira - 23rd Hunting, Fishing, Tourism and Nature Fair - 05 July To 07 July 2019
Food, entertainment, animals exhibition, equestrian activities, cynology, handicrafts and much more!
Portimao - Neverending Tour: Eduardo Madeira & Manuel Marques - 06 July 2019
The comedians Eduardo Madeira and Manuel Marques perform at TEMPO for a surprising fakir act, acrobats and prestidigitation with marmots. It’s either this or comedy with music in between. Society, politics and sports will be debated and analysed in anything but a serious, impartial way.
São Brás de Alportel - Seafood Mini-Festival - 06 July To 07 July 2019
Starting from 8pm
Faro beach - Charity Race for Algarve Regional Multiple Sclerosis Association (AREMDA) - 07 July 2019
From 12 noon in the Infante Square and Constituicao Gardens
Logoa - 17th Conventual Sweet Display - 17 July To 21 July 2019
Free entry at S. Jose Convent, from 7pm until late.
Castro Marim - International Snail Festival - 19 July To 21 July 2019
Faro - Ria Formosa Festivities – 25 July To 04 August 2019
Faro’s most import food event. Daily entertainment for 11 days while savouring the best seafood from Ria Formosa and other regional delicacies inspired by local recipes and traditions.
Annual Events in Albufeira
- Albufeira Municipal holiday: August 20th
- New Year’s Eve celebrations and fireworks – Albufeira always has a great night of entertainment with live bands playing before and after midnight and a fantastic fireworks display to herald the New Year.
- Paderne Medieval Days – 30th December to 2nd January – an historic parade, medieval market and food court and traditional games and entertainment attract large crowds to the village of Paderne over the New Year holiday.
- April 25th – Liberation Day National holiday – Albufeira celebrates in style with sporting and musical entertainment during the day and fireworks at night.
- May 1st– Paderne celebrates Labour Day national holiday with a variety of entertainment and plenty of kiosks to keep you refreshed!
- June – Summer events programme starts, offering music, entertainment, parties, concerts and much more until Septmber!
- July and August Albufeira hosts lots of sports events on the beaches.
- July – Festa do Frango no Churrasco – for 3 days the tempting aromas of barbecued chicken will fill the air in this festival dedicated to the delicacy!
- July – the Feira de Artesanato de Albufeira takes place – displays and sales of traditional crafts of the region takes place over 9 days. There will also be music and various artists each day.
- August sees the Festa de Nossa Senhora da Guia in Guia – Mass followed by a procession and various entertainment in the evening.
- August the Sardine Festival takes place in Olhos de Água over 4 days- the barbecues will be busy!
- August in Olhos de Água – there is a folclore festival to enjoy.
- August 14th is the Festa da Nossa Senhora da Orada (the festival of Our Lady of the Oracle) – the patron saint of Albufeira fishermen. Mass at Igreja Matriz is followed by a procession to Praia dos pescadores and back to the church. There will also be entertainment in Largo Enginheiro Duarte Pacheco(in the centre of town) and fireworks.
- August 20th is Albufeira municipal holiday and the town celebrates with sports events and entertainment in the day and fireworks in the evening.
- September 3rd is the Festa do Beato Vicente – at the main church in Albufeira – The festival of the ‘beatified Vicente’ – Vicente de Santo António was born in Albufeira in 1590 and beatified by Pope Pius IX in 1867after going as a missionary to Japan and being burnt at the stake for his religion in1632. His statue stands in Largo Jacinto d´Ayet. There is a Solemn Mass followed by a procession from Igreja de Matriz. Later in the evening there are more celebrations followed by fireworks.
- September 27th is World Tourism Day and Albufeira offers plenty to entertain the tourists with various shows throughout the day.
- September – the fisherman festival (Festa do pescador) is celebrated at Praia dos Pescadores, along with the folclore festival. The event lasts for 2 days.
- September– during a week in September the Gastronomy festival takes place, where various participating restaurants will be cooking dishes to show the gastronomy of the region.
- September is Jazz Festival time in Albufeira
- October -the 1st Sunday in October is the Festa de Nossa Senhora da Esperança – the patron saint of Paderne. Mass, followed by a procession through the main streets of Paderne.
- October 8th is the Feira da Guia – traditional fair selling clothes, jewellry, trinkets, porcelain etc. in Guia
Algarve Bank Holidays 2019
- New Year’s Day: January 1st
- Carnival (“Carnaval” – Mardi Gras; Shrove Tuesday): March 5th
- Good Friday: April 19th
- Easter Sunday: April 21st
- Liberation Day (celebrating the 1974 revolution): April 25th
- Labour Day: May 1st
- Portugal Day: June 10th
- Corpus Christie: June 20th
- Assumption of Mary: August 15th
- Republic Day: October 5th
- All Saints’ Day: November 1st
- Restoration of Independence Day: December 1st
- Immaculate Conception Day: December 8th
- Christmas Day: December 25th
- Albufeira market: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at Caliços
- Guia market: 3rd Friday of each month
- Paderne market: 1st Saturday of each month close to Rua Miguel Bombarda.
- Albufeira Flea market: Av Dr Francisco Sá Carneiro (north zone) 2nd Saturday of each month
- Albufeira Flea market: Rua das Escolas (next to the municipal canteen) 3rd Saturday of each month
- Olhos d’Água: 1st Sunday of each month
For more Albufeira and Algarve events information check out
- Município de Albufeira on Facebook or website
- 365 Algarve “Every day counts” cultural programme
- You can also contact any Algarve tourist information office to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- For music, bar entertainment and cultural events in the Algarve also take a look at Cultugarve.