Map of AlbufeiraPlan your holiday and travel with our Albufeira maps. Resort map, printable road and beaches map. Uncover Albufeira with AlgarveUncovered.com
Our Albufeira map will help you to decide where you are going to stay on holiday and to find your way round once you arrive! There are a number of Albufeira Hotels in the town centre itself if you want beaches, restaurants, bars and shops all to hand. Hotels include “Cerro Mar” (Rua Antonio Aleixo), “Boa Vista” (Rua Samora Barros), “Hotel California” (Rua Candido Reis), “Rocamar” (Largo Jacinto D’ayet) and “Sol e Mar” (Rua Jose Bernardino de Sousa) to name just a few! If you choose an hotel further away, Albufeira has excellent local transport with it’s network of “Giro” minibuses so wherever you are staying it will be easy to get around.
Where is Albufeira?
Wondering where Albufeira is? Here it is on a map of the Algarve; it’s coastal (and LOTS of beaches), centrally located and only 40km from Faro Airport!
Print your map of Albufeira!
Click on the map of Albufeira for a printable version to take with you on holiday!
Places of interest in Albufeira old town
- The clock tower (Torre do Relógio), one of the major landmarks in Albufeira, was originally part of one of the castle towers. The tower and some remains of the castle walls are on Rua Joaquim Pedro Samora.
- Arco da Travessa da Igreja Velha – originally the site of an Arab mosque, later converted to a Christian Church, the arch on Rua da Igreja Velha is all that remains.
- The Church on Rua da Igreja is 18th century (the original Church was destroyed in the earthquake) and has a 28 metre tall bell tower that was added later.
- The Sacred Art Museum is in the Church of São Sebastião in Praça Miguel Bombarda.
- Albufeira tourist office is on Rua 5 de Outobro, just before the tunnel to Albufeira beach
- Albufeira market is in Caliços on the other side of the Avenida dos Descobrimentos from the town and is not far from the Fire Station. The gipsy market takes place there on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.
It’s clear to see from the map that one long stretch of sand fronts the whole of Albufeira! It is given different names along it’s length but you won’t see any signs on the beach! Praia do Peneco is also known as Praia do Túnel and can be accessed through a tunnel in the cliffs from Rua 5 de Outobro near the tourist office in the town centre. Praia dos Pescadores (Fishermen’s beach) is shared between the local fishermen and the sun-worshippers and is also the venue for Albufeira’s New Year concerts and fireworks.
You can see from the map that the Avenida dos Descobrimentos is the main road around Albufeira and this will lead you easily to other areas around the town such as:
Head westwards on the Avenida dos Descobrimentos and the marina is about 1.5kms from the town.
The “Strip” Albufeira
Head eastwards on the Avenida dos Descobrimentos (or the Avenida Infante Dom Henrique) if you are looking for Albufeira’s lively “Strip” otherwise known as Avenida Dr Francisco Sà Carneiro (it joins both roads) in Areias de São João, Albufeira.
Head eastwards – this very popular area of Albufeira is where the Av. Dr Francisco Sà Carneiro (the Strip) continues north of the Avenida dos Descobrimentos and there you can find the Montechoro hotel, Montechoro Club, Mirachoro, Choromar and Marina Sol apartments amongst others!
For general navigation around the Algarve you can print our Algarve map and also use the resort map on the same page.